Hmmm... I'm considering a DAW for 2-track post-production

bvaleria

...and I've had conflicting opinions from a few respected pros on setting up a post-production DAW (2-channel I/O). For the pros here, if you were going to buy a new computer system would you go Mac or PC, and any recommendations for pro-calibre soundcards??

(I would need at least 2-channel I/O for both digital and analog signals - digital must be AES/EBU and analog must be at +4DBu gain structure...)

Thanks for any advice...

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

It has come to the point of what ever you prefer. If you have worked with either before you may want to stick with it. If you've never worked with a computer, go for a Mac. If you want more power for your buck, go with a PC. If you want to have better chance of finding people who can help you with the platform you choose, go with a PC. As far as shear processing power, 2-tracks is nothing for the average computer. Most people in this forum are getting 32 tracks with realtime effects. In fact, You could buy a used PC real cheap ($200-$300) and I'm sure it would more then meet your needs. Also, checkout the free protools. It's, well, free, and it's the daw of choice for most pros.

Back