Hisssssssssssssssssssssss

Bob F.

Using PT9, I recorded two acoustic guitar tracks DI. Both tracks were done using a 6-year old Taylor 612ce with the older Expression System. I wasn't really concerned about the tone because I'm just using the tracks as science projects to learn how to edit and work with plug-ins.

What can I do to get rid of/minimize the hiss?

That's Pro poop tools for yeah!

Just kidding More than likely it happened at the source while you where tracking.
What where you using for a preamp?

Just direct inject into the 003. I had just changed the batteries in the Taylor, and I was using the Taylor-included 1/4" to XLR cable. Again, these tracks were more about working with the software--which I know next-to-nothing about--than trying to capture good tones.

Just direct inject into the 003. I had just changed the batteries in the Taylor, and I was using the Taylor-included 1/4" to XLR cable. Again, these tracks were more about working with the software--which I know next-to-nothing about--than trying to capture good tones.

Just us 1/4 to 1/4 that may be your problem ......... and good morning. :)

Good morning to you, too.

I'll give that a shot, thanks. I'll also use my 2ba/221 preamp....see if that helps any.

Oh no no no no no no. My coffee-fetchin' days are long, long, looooong in the past! I appreciate the advice--for real--but you gotta get your own food, beverages, and....everything else, too. ;)

The first thing I did was lower simply the volume on the guitar. That helped A LOT. Live and learn. Anything past unity just exacerbates the hiss.

The next time I record I'll mic it, as it ought to be, and pay more attention to those levels....

Thanks again!

Back