Hiss Off!

LeeJ

I've got my laptop PC linked to a preamp which is linked to my VS1680. It works well, good powerful sound but I'm suffering a lot of air. I can here it before the track starts hhiiiiiiissssssssssssss!

Any ideas for removing air?

I have also tried linking my vs1680 to my computer & have had the same problem. You could use eq to cut out the unwanted noise. It'll probably be in the higher frequency range but I don't know what software you use.

I don't know much more because I have a different set-up now (I record through a mixing desk straight to my PC). Roland have a very good on-line help which is worth checking out.

I know this is going to sound like I work for the company or something....but seriously, the Waves Restoration pak works really well. I've been able to get out some annoying hiss in a lot my recordings with it. I know these are about $800 but might be an investment if you have a bunch of songs you want to use it on. What preamp are you using??

behringer pre amp.

It's an annoying hiss. I've managed to reduce it slightly with eq.

I'll keep trying

preamp might be a lot of the problem. behringer isn't the greatest brand in the world, and preamps are one of the important parts that can make or break your sounds. if you get an opportunity to try another preamp (from a friend or something) give it a try.

Yeah, if that's the brand new price...that might be your issue. Take a look at some other ones. A lot of people here like the M-Audio DMP3. I think you can find it for about £80. Good luck. :cool:

Back