hiphop drums...pls help

Sofisticated

hi im lookin for a drum machine that has nice underground hiphop/jazzy type drums nothing overboard wit that synth shit....whats a good one...around 200-300 maybe even 350 is my budget...

Get an old Akai Mpc2000 or the new MPX100 and there are shitloads of third party sounds for them on the net, being samplers they are both versatile, have the 'pads' and you are not limited to a soundset as you would be in modules. The units are built specifically for Hip Hop/RnB and a site worth going to is http://www.mpc-tutor.com or http://www.samplecraze.com for your sounds, forums, and basic tech help.
The modules can be decent , Emu's Mo Phatt, Orbit1/2/3 and the MP7 but you will get synth sounds and a whole lot more that you might not need.
There is also the softsampler or softsynth route, Battery, Stylus for the softsynths and Reason, Kontakt, halion and Giga for the softsamplers and they have loads of sounds available.

Good luck.

ya man i got the mophatt and it really isnt the dopest thing to hit anywhere...the drums are synthetic sounding and even some sound weak....the mpc is to much for my blood right now but in the mean time i would like a drum machine....something wit nice sounding drums such as a dr.660 or zoom-323....what are your views on these if any one has any experiance...

Prob with those is they are not the jazzy vibe or the Hip Hop flavour, all are like rock sounding kits. You have , in those types, the Roland R5/8, Boss dr770, Alesis D4/5 Dm Pro, Mc303/505.....trust me , none of them are what you describe as the flavour you're after. Maybe get a software sampler and the world opens up to ya.

Sofisticated

I have a DR.660 I can sell for half what you are trying to pay....

i wanted a beat manufacturer a couple weeks ago also , and got guided to a RS7K which is Ill i should add

if you haven't made up your mind as to what to get ,you should talk to Lazi about the DR.660

Easy

maybe a software sampler is ideal...many have told me...but yet im still kinda skeptical on how many drum sounds it comes with...the only thing imma use the software for is the drums feature....whats a good sampler for this type of production..ive heard reason is dope

U should check out sampletank, battery, kontakt, and kompakt.
If u are worried about lack of drum sounds, then just buy some drum sample cds, or do your own sampling from records, tv, cds, instruments, objects, or whatever

Back