[Hip-Hop] I'm a newbie, i need tips

Absinthe

I am very new to music production and engineering, I am trying it out in my bedroom as most probably. I would love some feedback on this track and everything that's needs work. This is in french, don't be alarmed :) The rappper is a friend of mine. [MP3]

Attachments

• Untitled 1.mp3
    5.9 MB · Views: 8
Ok well, I downloaded a 4 minute file that has 1 minute of music. The one minute is not too bad but you need to check out the basics on your own before you waste our time.

Hi Absinthe, everything sounds pretty good to me. Your friend is really good, the vocal sounds like it was recorded really well.

I might make the fade-in a little shorter, maybe a couple measures? The backing track has maybe a little too much filter on it, sounds like it's high-passed a little harshly. It's pretty bright in my headphones. I wonder if there's a way to bring forward that cool guitar that does the two notes between vocal phrases? It's really nice, I kept hoping it would come forward a bit more.

I didn't think it sounded too bad. There is about 3 1/2 minutes of silence after the music ends.

I thought the mix was missing some low midrange. Like from 250hz to 1Khz. It gave it a little sterile sound.

I liked the low end. Vocal seemed pretty nice. Good detail. Vocal sounds slightly brittle. But not bad.

The music was a bit repetitive. Just one short riff repeated.

Back