Highest headphone impedence suitable for the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD audio interface?

Ally-007

!!!UMC202 & cans_01textB.jpg
Hi folks.
I've googled but haven't found a conclusive answer... What is the highest headphone impedence suitable for the headphone output on the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD audio interface (when mixing and mastering)? Will it power 250-ohm 'phones? Many thanks!

Last edited:
Their HPS3000 phones shown in the connectivity illustration are 64Ω, so phones with anywhere from 32-250Ω will work fine. The higher the ohm rating the lower the audio level in the phones, so 250+ you may want to add a headphone amp if you feel they're not loud enough.

hps3000.JPG

Thank you kindly for the replies. I heard that the UMC202HD tends to distort if you crank the volume beyond 12 o'clock, so I'll probably take my chances on an 80-ohm pair.

I agree, my experience too...this is a very noticeable and linear issue with these interface amps.
The volume dropping off that is, as the headphone ohms increase.

As for is a 250ohm headphone better sounding to me than my 120 ohm? I cant say, Id say NO, not really, because my 120ohm can sound fabulous too...both being open/semi open and at times I like them better than my 250's....closed backs are fine too, best for tracking with little 64 ohm Sen hd280.

Back