high cholesterol diet

shadowfax

hey folks.. I'd like some feedback on this track. It's unfinished - there are no vocals yet - but the music itself is pretty done, with the possible exception of the ending; the drums go out of time. Anyhow, let me know what you think; i'd appreciate any tips on the mix you're willing to offer.

The other track, btw, is even less finished. most of it is going to be retracked.

Hey man am i glad I listened to this.

I think it wasn't recorded particularly well but that's all the bad news I have to offer. Seriously i will be surprised if you don't take a lot of ragging for the production techniques, but the writing..

I love the way this sounds. The arrangement, the key parts.. Whoever sings on this will be in vocalist heaven.

The piano parts really work for me, i totally like the lull and drifting throughout. I might not bring in so much heavy guitar it doesn't really feel like it's adding to me.

A smooth flowing vocalist will make you want to forget about the distorted guitars.

The change at 1:10??? KILLER!!

..My kinda stuff..

ROCK ON GANDALF!

Hey, thanks for listening. The vocals are going to be female sorpano, and yes very flowing. They're just not completely written yet and the melody for the distorted part is a little difficult. About the production, can you be more specific? I'm open to criticism... that is how one learns. I've only been recording for about half a year.

I really don't know that much about the recording process yet to offer much beyond i thought the drums sounded like... hmm. like the kit was a really inexpensive kit as if the drums were made of flimsy material. The keys sounded really good and i didn't have a problem with the bass.

The distorted guitar i though sounded pretty awful and even sometimes possibly out of tune. There are tons of experienced trackers and mixers in here though, hopefully they can give you more specifics.

Man she's lucky, good for her though.

hey shadowfax

I mostly agree with Kompin that this is a good song.
I don't like the amount of distortion on the guitar
but I am like Komp in as much as I'm not the one to give any advice technically. Perhaps sluiCe.
Strangely, I kind of liked the drums..............

Great song though, I can herdly wait for the vocals.

shadowfax said:
hey folks.. I'd like some feedback on this track. It's unfinished - there are no vocals yet - but the music itself is pretty done, with the possible exception of the ending; the drums go out of time. Anyhow, let me know what you think; i'd appreciate any tips on the mix you're willing to offer.

The other track, btw, is even less finished. most of it is going to be retracked.

what the...?!?!? scrap it man. move on to something else.

Don't listen to "critic" he's a just some random idiot insulting all the song posters.

Besides he's been banned so he won't be able to respond.

Back