Hi Guys.

Just wanted to let you know that my account got screwed up as The Ghost of FM and now I can't post any longer under that user-name until the site administrator fixes the problem so for now, I'll be posting as The Ghost of HR. HR, for Home Recording.

PS; Don't EVER try to update your email address in your User CP as I did this this morning and that's what screwed up my 3178 post account. :(

Cheers! :)

So I was wrong. I doesn't stand Honestly Retarded. I just lost ten bucks. :mad:

On the plus side, I really like the new "edit post" window. :rolleyes: :D

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I'm sure you remember Rolf [vintage tx] 'cause this happened to him as well. He couldn't use his account and as a result, we don't see of him here anymore.:(

I hope you'll be back as the original The Ghost of FM in no time!:)

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I'm sure you remember Rolf [vintage tx] 'cause this happened to him as well. He couldn't use his account and as a result, we don't see of him here anymore.:(

I hope you'll be back as the original The Ghost of FM in no time!:)

I hope so too but I am beginning to have my doubts that this can be fixed as its happened to a number of other members here and none of them have gotten this same issue resolved.:o

To say I am depressed about this is a major understatement at the moment.

I was afraid this might happen, as it did on Anderton's SSS when they made some changes over there. A lot of it was resolved though. The people that couldn't remember the email they used to sign up were kinda screwed. :(

I'm not sure what the issue is here but you might try the "Forgot Password" wizard and see if it sends to some older email. First make sure you renew those email accounts if they were old expired yahoo or hotmail accounts... something like that.

One hopeful sign is that your old account still shows active and reflects the right post count, so I think it should eventually get worked out.

Crossing my fingers for ya... :)

I don't know how vBulletin boards work, but on phpBB driven boards the admin can go through and fix botched profiles and such.

I tried changing my profile back to the previous email and even a different hotmail account and it still did not work to resolve this.

I can still log in as The Ghost of FM but the board treats me as if I am a visitor with only viewing privileges and nothing else.

As for an administrator being able to fix this, I'm sure they probably could if they were motivated enough to look into it. I managed to get Dragon's attention on this issue briefly in another thread but his initial and only reaction was that I was kidding about this, which I am not!

I tried changing my profile back to the previous email and even a different hotmail account and it still did not work to resolve this.

I can still log in as The Ghost of FM but the board treats me as if I am a visitor with only viewing privileges and nothing else.

As for an administrator being able to fix this, I'm sure they probably could if they were motivated enough to look into it. I managed to get Dragon's attention on this issue briefly in another thread but his initial and only reaction was that I was kidding about this, which I am not!

Hey! Did go through the process of reactivating by clicking on the link sent to your new email? I know on some boards you have to do this again like when you fist setup your account if you change email.

Hey! Did go through the process of reactivating by clicking on the link sent to your new email? I know on some boards you have to do this again like when you fist setup your account if you change email.

That's the problem right there in a nutshell!

There was no "reactivation" email sent as is why, I suspect, that my status is in limbo-visitor mode.

When I did the initial email change over on this board, I received a very brief screen saying something about that happening but the email was never sent which if it did, probably would have had that magical link to click on that gives one the opportunity to activate or reactivate the account.

There's a definite hick up in the code here and nobody seems willing to fix it or even look into it. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a glitch.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but did you check your junk mail folder for that missing email? Mine usually end up there.

I did have this happen with tapeOp and never did get the activation email. I didn't try too hard to resolve it.

Sounds like a glitch.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but did you check your junk mail folder for that missing email? Mine usually end up there.

I did have this happen with tapeOp and never did get the activation email. I didn't try too hard to resolve it.

Yes, I went to my new ISP's on-line email service to check for that as well and there was nothing there from this site in the junk mail folder...I did manage to find a bunch of missing read receipts from all of the other folks I contacted about my email change over though so, the visit to that was not completely fruitless! ;)

Jeff, never would have recognized you! :D Same thing that happened to SteveMac. Locked him out permanantly because I never recieved the confirmation email when I changed my email address. And no they wouldn't fix it.

I'm back! :)

I started up a google gmail account, resubmitted the email change here and got the mystical confirmation email to click onto to activate my account! :D

Sorry for all the drama.:o

I'm back! :)

I started up a google gmail account, resubmitted the email change here and got the mystical confirmation email to click onto to activate my account! :D

Sorry for all the drama.:o

Good to have you back, fontmeister. :cool:

Back