Hi from Devon..England.

excalibur3470

Hi there.. I am a new forum user and look forward to the chat.
I am a keyboard/guitar player and song writer.
I am a Roland XP50 player, and Fender guitars. Just recently purchased some digital recording gear, nothing clever! basically a Fostex and Roland 840 to record some demos of my songs. All advice appreciated, and anyone who wants to chat to a Welshman living in England..lets hear from ya.
Thanks guys. :cool:
If anyone wants any gear/ products from the U.K. just let me know.

A Welshman in England - is that anything like a whiteman in the hammersmith odeon (Clash)?
Being from antipodean climes I didn't understand that song for a long time - & when I did, didn't understand why they'd make such an almost racist statement like that.
Oh, Devon is a form of processed, (ie: all the offal & fat thrown together & put in plastic sleeve like a mega 8" diameter saugsage), meat usually used on sandwiches with tomato sauce &, I believe called balony is the US ( a word meaning hogwash down here).
Did the food get its name from the place or visa versa?
Isn't our mutual language a wonderous thing?

Last edited:
rayc said:
A Welshman in England - is that anything like a whiteman in the hammersmith odeon (Clash)?
Being from antipodean climes I didn't understand that song for a long time - & when I did, didn't understand why they'd make such an almost racist statement like that.
Oh, Devon is a form of processed, (ie: all the offal & fat thrown together & put in plastic sleeve like a mega 8" diameter saugsage), meat usually used on sandwiches with tomato sauce &, I believe called balony is the US ( a word meaning hogwash down here).
Did the food get its name from the place or visa versa?
Isn't our mutual language a wonderous thing?
They call devon fritz down here. Confused the hell out of me cos I came from NSW origionally. Took me a few years to work out what a stobie pole and yiros are too.

mx mx,
I get the yiros - they appeared about 6 - 10 years ago up here but spelt yeeros.
Stobie Pole - what is it? A Dagwood Dog? A Battered sav on a stick?
Fritz - hmmm, Germanic I suppose.
Oh, finally receieved my copy of the remastered YOUNG MODERN in the post from Chaos Music - Thanks for the info.
It's REALLY GOOD - esp. the live tracks. IF you see Mark, tell him he's a legend, well at least a demi god.

rayc said:
mx mx,
I get the yiros - they appeared about 6 - 10 years ago up here but spelt yeeros.
Stobie Pole - what is it? A Dagwood Dog? A Battered sav on a stick?
Fritz - hmmm, Germanic I suppose.

A stobie pole is a telegraph pole :eek:
Oh, finally receieved my copy of the remastered YOUNG MODERN in the post from Chaos Music - Thanks for the info.
It's REALLY GOOD - esp. the live tracks. IF you see Mark, tell him he's a legend, well at least a demi god.
Glad to hear. Maybe Ill get him to manage my band :D

Back