Hey you fucking nerds...

What I don't get about popeye is the spinach from which he derives his super strength...

Is it just spinach, but only he understands it's true potential, or does he have some mutation that allows him to process spinach differently from the rest of us?

If not, I don't understand why everyone in the popeye universe doesn't just eat spinach, grow huge arms and beat the shit out of each other?

Have you seen Popeye's forearms? He clearly is some kind of mutation. I bet he has a weird spinach receptor that turns him into a badass.

I do know this though...Popeye has always been a favorite of mine. I love Popeye. Popeye is my guy. But I still wouldn't touch no fucking spinach from a can.

Spinach is loaded with iron, hence the super powers. For sure Popeye is the reason I love spinach.

Whimpy should have loaded up on the stuff then. He would have become freakishly strong and could have just been like, gimme a hamburger bitch! and I ain't gonna pay you for it on Tuesday neither!

Spinach is loaded with iron, hence the super powers. For sure Popeye is the reason I love spinach.

Grown men don't really need iron though. Not in surplus anyway.

But yeah, the can is the issue with spinach. I'll eat fresh spinach leaves on pizza or in salads or sammiches or whatever, but that sloppy, smelly, wet grass shit in the can? Fuck no. I'll just let Bluto kick my ass.

Those cans of spinach are special. It's like a 5oz can, but it holds about 30oz of spinach.

Most of the Popeye videos are on "creative commons" licence these days... I chopped one up for one of my instrumental vids.

Seeing you're such big fans and all, you use him in a music vid.... except they're such a PITA to make. :eek:

Popeye gets all the strength he needs from boning Olive. He don't really need any spinach thats just a sub plot to make Bluto constipated..

What I don't get about popeye is the spinach from which he derives his super strength...

Is it just spinach, but only he understands it's true potential, or does he have some mutation that allows him to process spinach differently from the rest of us?

If not, I don't understand why everyone in the popeye universe doesn't just eat spinach, grow huge arms and beat the shit out of each other?

Popeye clearly had hereditary haemochromatosis, but a rare form whereby the iron accumulation from spinach overconsumption manifested itself in temporary arm oedema, often mistaken for muscle growth.

If you watch one of the later episodes, he's all jaundiced and has tragically developed type 2 diabetes.

Back