hey! the bulb trick worked!

Leeking

recently I notice some annoying crackles while recording vocals with my SP C1 mic...

I remembered coming across putting the mic near a bulb for sometime to dry up the mic...

I did just that... put the mic 2inches from my low power bulb and leave it overnight... crackle gone! :)

not sure if I'll be needing to do this from time to time...

after making a search here... I notice mostly the SP mics are prone to this problem... (make a search for 'bulb' in the mic forum)
any particular reason for this??

here's a shot at the bulb trick. :)
DSCF0252.jpg

No, it's not just SP mics. It's *any* mic exposed to high humidity. I'd put the bulb a little farther away, myself. Then pack the mic in its case with a couple of silica gel packs.-Richie

Hey, Leek,
How do you like that Peavy controller?

Nice studio pics. Reminds me of my set-up, only much nicer. I have (well-used) paint cans holding up my monitors!

hee hee! I am also kinda surprise how cool the pic turned out from my crappy digicam... it would have been even more artistic if the air-con unit is out of the way... ;)

sloom, the peavey studiomix is pretty cool to use with sonar... however it has not seen much action lately due to lack of desk-space.... :(

I would suggest you also get a humidity indicator. There cheap (5bucks).

I have one where I store my mics to help me be sure the humidy never gets above 30%.

Silica gel in large packs in the storage area (be sure to change annually) will ususally take care of this.

Back