Hey Slack....

WATYF

...happier than you.
Do we really have to allow our real names to be published in the comp CD?

Can't we maintain a tiny bit of anonymity?

:p

WATYF

Copyright Text is the text that follows your copyright...so either your name or the alias the copyright is registered under.

Anonimity is kinda silly dude, and it's not like I'm giving out your home address (which is probably in the phone book). :)

Slackmster 2000

See... that's the thing... if I give out my name... I've pretty much given out every thing else... :p

*sigh* I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to now.... *sigh* It's almost 1 am.. I gotta drive up to Chi-town first thing tomorrow and I'm not even close to being ready to go.... *sigh*....

:(

WATYF

What are you some kind of famous guy?

You can use an alias for the copyright text if you want.

My name is Boden Larson, nice to meet you, whoever you are :) Good luck this weekend BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slackmaster 2000

Slackmaster2K said:
What are you some kind of famous guy?
Yes... I am actually...

I'm a famous singer/songwriter... and I try oat all my really crappy songs on this BBS... and I sing em really crappy too, so nobody will recognize my voice.

:p

WATYF

Every copyright is implicitly valid whether you register it or not. Registration is just a means of being able to prove your copyright. Having it published on the comp cd would also to some extent be proof (better than certified mail to yourself which doesn't work usually)...but it is a good idea to register your copyright officially of course!

Slackmaster 2000

Yeah, i understand the registration thing....i just misinterpretted your first response to mean we needed a registration......

I usually wait until I have a good bit of songs until I register.....I would be completely flattered if someone stole one of my songs at this point...and whether I win the lawsuit or not, Id have a foot in the door from the exposure.....

I just woke up with a wild hair up my ass to put a song Im writing right now on the Comp CD....since its not finished I obviously dont have it registered yet.....

but fear not...i will have it done by the May 15 deadline........:D :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :)

(that was just a joke)

Back