Hey Guys

Seems like a pretty good song. I'm just listening on crappy laptop speakers, but it sounds like the mix could use some help. All I can hear is the hi hat, snare, and guitars. The kick drum and bass are pretty much non-existent, and the mix sounds really thin. The highs sound harsh and not very well-defined. Overall it just seems way to heavy in the high mids, and lacking everywhere else. Good performance, though.

Seems like a pretty good song. I'm just listening on crappy laptop speakers, but it sounds like the mix could use some help. All I can hear is the hi hat, snare, and guitars. The kick drum and bass are pretty much non-existent, and the mix sounds really thin. The highs sound harsh and not very well-defined. Overall it just seems way to heavy in the high mids, and lacking everywhere else. Good performance, though.
I recorded it 25 years ago on a Tascam cassette recorder. I wasn't sure how well it was holding up. Thanks.

I think it sounds really good, only thing if anything is that the cymbals are a bit too dynamic and trashy, some mastering might help smooth that out a bit, but that's about the only thing I can find wrong with it.

I thought it was really good. Great playing. Love the lead guitar - both the playing and tone.

A weird thing with the vocal - there's more than a bit of reverb on it for the first few seconds, but then it dries way up. Comes back in a spot or two.

If it were me, I'd have probably turned up the bass a tick or two.

Anyway, a very enjoyable listen.

Nice song. Never did like that tone of snare, but it fits the song quite nicely.
Good guitar tones. Lots of hiss on the ends, just like you'd expect from cassette. Well done indeed.

I think an appropriate comment is that this tune is super bad!
lol
I love this type of wah wah driven groove with all the kicks and stops. defiantly some old school playing on this tune. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the mix. I was just enjoying the song. it's really good man. thanks for posting!

Back