Here's my first daw mix -Windback Blues

mcmetal

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=22881

I'm reposting this with a different link.
This song started as a joke about my job as a weaving loom mechanic with some of my coworkers.We were working lots of mandatory overtime and i needed to vent my frustrations.

This is my first mix since stepping into the DAW recording world.I know where i made some mistakes already during the recording process.I recently bought my Hughes and kettner cream and crunch machines and had too much gain on the guitar tracks.I'll be dialing the gain back in the future for a bit more clarity.

I'm not much of a bassplayer and i'll probably try using a compressor while recording bass next time.I tend to play the more comfortable parts louder.I'm using drum loops and still learning the best way to mix with them.Vocals are crap.I''m not a singer and don't pretend to be.I just needed to add some lyrics.

I wanted to be able to work with a full mix and so far i've been learning a good bit.This is a huge step up from my digital 8 track.Any tips and advice is welcomed and will help me out with future mixes.

Last edited:
not bad for a maiden effort.
Guitars are way too up front.
Drums are almost an afterthought.
Vocals are a good level but I think they need a little verb.
Bass is almost non existent.
I can't tell panning with my current setup, but you may want to spread out the rhythm and lead.
Cute song.
Cheers
C>

Back