Heres my arsenal...is it useable?

MrCrabs

i have a powered mixer (peavey) that has an electrical problem. (thats not the reason for this post). I also have some 15 inch woofer cabinets with horn tweeters. I think they are concert cabinets.
I have as well, an old Kenwood ka9100 stereo amplifier that looks like it came out of a stoners bedroom from around 1978. You know...the silver faceplate...weighs a metric ton, built like a brick shithouse.
Both the kenwood and Peavey are non functioning. Are they worth even keeping?
Is there a use for any of this stuff to be used in conjunction with my Tascam 424mk3?
I hear of people saving equipment they have owned since new and is now collectors items, and they keep using the shit. Is the stuff i have now, going to help with my music? I just do rock band arrangements, no MIDI shit. ( Yeah thats right, I DONT understand MIDI! Literally!)
Please tell me what you would do with the old units if you were me.
Thanks for the time

:eek:Your location sounds "painful"; If it doesn't work, fix it or toss it. It may be just a power fuse. The Peavey powered mixer that I have, also has a power prob. So whats new??

In useing the Porta-, I would seriously consider new small monitors/stereo amp. they will help reveal whats going on in the 424 accurately. You will get better recordings, less frustrations on your part, AND you will enjoy what you are doing!!

A step one on MIDI: think about the olde time player pianos; the scroll with the holes in it, the piano made the sound, not the scroll. the scroll told the piano which keys to play at what time.
MIDI: is the scroll, the sound module in the keyboard/drum machine, etc, makes the sound.
cheap keys/drum mach. have cheap modules.=cheap sound.
High-end instruments have excellent sounding modules= awsome sounding sounds.

Please give this some meditation/thinking time and I believe you will get it. MIDI is a wonderful companion to have while you play your instrument, it will play a keyboard/drum mach. for free and no union scale to pay

Now that 424 becomes real valuable in your production of your music, Multi-channel recording becomes a real blast to do.

da MUTT

kenwood ka9100 Amp

MrCrabs said:
i have a powered mixer (peavey) that has an electrical problem. (thats not the reason for this post). I also have some 15 inch woofer cabinets with horn tweeters. I think they are concert cabinets.
I have as well, an old Kenwood ka9100 stereo amplifier that looks like it came out of a stoners bedroom from around 1978. You know...the silver faceplate...weighs a metric ton, built like a brick shithouse.
Both the kenwood and Peavey are non functioning. Are they worth even keeping?
Is there a use for any of this stuff to be used in conjunction with my Tascam 424mk3?
I hear of people saving equipment they have owned since new and is now collectors items, and they keep using the shit. Is the stuff i have now, going to help with my music? I just do rock band arrangements, no MIDI shit. ( Yeah thats right, I DONT understand MIDI! Literally!)
Please tell me what you would do with the old units if you were me.
Thanks for the time

How much do you want for it. I'd use it for parts for mine when something happen to it...been looking for one for a while now. Thanx

Back