Here's a silly one for ya. "That's all You Do"

Pretty good separation. The weird panning's a distraction, actually. It would be interesting to do a more conventional panning with this one, and see what sort of response you got. Half of the reason you make recorded music is for the other people that listen to it, after all.

Did you record that electric guitar with that much compression or add it after the fact? It sounds like you tracked it that way. I like it, but you could soften it a bit (if you didn't record it that way).

The lyrics sound stoned. (Just an aside.)

Overall, a nice sound. I like the sound of the vocal and the sound of the mandolin and the way everything hangs together. But the panning's a distraction, really.

I haven't looked at the mix in ages but I think the guitar is an SM57 on an amp with comp. after the fact.
I'll revist my pannig scheme and I think I need to have kick on 2,3,4 also. I cook in a seasonal "resort" town. Work is wrapping up and it's time to play!

Thanks guys.

P.S. In the past I've sort of been stuck in mono mode. So I'm just going for it!

I thought the tones on everything was really good. The guitar playing on the left side was real good - it's got a little "pop" on the attack of each note that's not ear pleasing.

But yeah the panning distracts from the mix. To my ear it's lopsided to the left.

Timing gets a little off in spots. Arrangement-wise - there are lots of busy parts. They're kind of getting in the way of each other.

I thought the singing was good. Vocal tone sounded nice.

there was some rhythm track (drums or whatever) that is way back in the mix.

Lovin' the feedback.
I'll most likely be pullin up the mix in the next few days and you can bet I'll be lookin at this thread when I do.

Yeah, I agree about the panning being a little offsetting. Also I think the drums could do with some EQing and maybe reverb. Especially the bass drum..........it sounds flat and dead. Dig the guitar and vox though!

Back