Here we go uploading

gadsworth

A friend sent Me a couple of tracks via a cloud account. I uploaded them to disc then tried to upload them to My Tascam 2488 neo Which proceeded to tell Me wrong type of disc check the disc. I searched here and found this thread.
"OK, now this is getting frustrating! I made an audio CD with three audio tracks on it. So, to make sure the disc is OK I opened this and found that the files in it are AIF. Somehow, Toast converted the WAV files to AIF? How's that even possible? Anyhow, that was a major red flag. Aha! The disc should have WAV files on it. So, I'm making a DATA disc instead of an audio disc. It just finished so I'm going to test this and get back to you. Wish me well...

IT WORKED!!!! You MUST make a DATA disc not an audio disc! Why this isn't in the manual is insane. I was ready to go postal over this. Man, talk about frustration. Tell all your users about this one. What a tough lesson. "

I did the procedure on page 85 but it didn't work I'm missing something-but what?

Making an audio disk usually means the disc is burnt in a way it can be played by CD players or car's audio. Data disk means it can only be read (and played) on a computer (most modern audio stuff usually plays data disc as long it's in a specific format).

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks to you too :)

First, you should check if the audio files you downloaded from the cloud account are readable and not corrupt. (Just play 'em). Then, in the software you are using must be an option for creating a Data Disc, or more simply, just burn a CD which is not an audio disc.

Data CD will not play on normal players, only computer.

Why do you want to burn a CD? maybe a pen drive would do the trick? Are the files protected?

If the 2488 Neo is like the original 2488, it won't "see" or recognize stereo files. You have to split the stereo waves into 2 mono wave files.

Like I said, not sure if that applies to the NEO.

Back