here are some preamp comparison results

jnorman said:
btw, after agonizing about this for so long, i finally broke down and just bought a millennia media HV3B. now i can finally stop obsessing about preamps, and start obsessing about converters...

jnorman, thx for the written comparisons but again, do you have audio samples where we can hear the pre's you A/B/C'd so we may judge for ourselves? Your excellent, in-depth comparison(s) warrants you taking that 1 step forward posting each pre's perf so that we can determine if we all arrive at the same conclusion(s) as you and/or maybe add an addtl comment or 2.
Not blessed with deep pockets nor having a close friend or relative who has ever won the LOTTERY,Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes or a Multi-Million lawsuit,(at least not to my knowledge),I have used my meager $$$ to cop a Grace101 recently to go along with my DMP3,ART TPSII & Presonus. I intend to purchase 1 more pre in the $1k-$1.5k range (as soon as I get the chance to jack my wife's purse) and your review of the Millenia HV3B has most def'ly piqued my interest!!

SO if at all possible can you most kindly post some sort of audio review/comp of these pre's. If not, thankyou n-e way!

Peace
Q,rM

thank you very much for the time u spent testing this preamps
but u say u recorded into a roland, doesnt roland compress the files when saved?

the roland vs1880 offers both 24-bit uncompressed and a variety of compression levels. the most minor compression algorithm is called MTP (also 24-bit), and i have compared it extensively with the uncompressed mode, and i actually prefer it, so that is what i use all the time. i find it to be an amazing machine - it is rock steady, and never crashes - and i have not yet convinced myself that a dedicated DAW would offer any substantial benefits for the work i do - ymmv.

Back