help!

dumbass intern

I'm looking for a way to squeeze more tracks out of a digi 001.
Does anyone know a cheap box that will run 8 discrete analog inputs to an 8 channel ADAT optical out?

The Layla EXP will do that, but they quit making them because there was not enough demand for the unit. I found one on Ebay. Since there wasn't much demand for the product, you may be able to find a dealer who has one around. Also, since there wasn't much demand for the product, it might be gotten at a pretty good price!

thanks monte!

I was just thinking... might I be able to take another digi001 box and chain it's adat out to the adat in of the master digi001?

Not that familiar with the digi001. It might be a more expensive way to go though. I think you could get the Layla EXP pretty cheap if you can find one.

Not sure what operating system you're using but if your still on windows 98 you can switch to xp. with xp there is a free ugrade for protools which bumps you up to 32 tracks. Don't know if this helps .

Cheers

switching to XP will not change the I/O situation of the Digi 001.

I'm not totally sure but I dont think Protools LE will work with any other hardware input besides the 001.

Back