Help

designz

I have just installed cakewalk and I have a GeneralMusic PS1000 via midi to the computer. I can play sample files back through the keyboard and when I go to record files I have activity showing up on my taskbar but when I record nothing gets recorded. I talked with tech support and they told me to download updated drivers for my soundblaster live card and I did that but It still didnt help. I was on hold to tech support for an hour. Could someone please help me here. Thanks for the help.

The activity showing up on your task bar probably indicates the presence of a proper MIDI connection. The reason nothing is getting recorded could be lots of stuff. Do you have a MIDI track there? Is it armed to record? Did you set up the track to receive on a specific MIDI channel, or MIDI Omni? Are you hitting the Record button? You should really check out the tutorials, and spend a little time on the front end learning the way things work, cuz it really is worth it. In the meantime, I personally need a little more info as to what you have going on when you try to record. Like the way you have your tracks set up and things like that. I don't think it has anything to do with drivers at all. We'll be around. Good luck.

ed

Back