Help

jonnyroy

I`m as green as the grass, and need to know what I have to do (or purchase) to set up my band`s studio. We`ve been using Cakewalk Sonar 7 PE with a toneport UX-2. Computer is HP laptop with lots of juice. I`ve got all that down, but I want to integrate my Eurodesk mx2442. Before I get blasted about the Behri, I should tell you we bought it used from Long & Mcquaids for $300 cdn, and It paid for itself the first show. I`m well aware od the disdain for their products, but she`s served me well thus far. Anyhow- what`s the best way to run the mixer through the toneport, and is it possible to have it work with cakewalk in a multi tracking sense? I`d like to record live shows on separate tracks (I`m aware of bleeding). Is this possible with what I have??????????

multi tracking is not possible with what you have being that you can only do 5 tracks at once with the toneport. unless you only need 5 tracks at a time which I doubt, hence the big console. you will need a bigger soundcard. Or you can try multitracking via the submixes. for example, submix 1 is drums, 2 is bass and keys, 3 is guitars, 4 is vocals. then your can plug each submix to 4 of the inputs on the toneport. Just an idea, there are many variation and possibilities. Thats why I love mixers.:)

multi tracking is not possible with what you have being that you can only do 5 tracks at once with the toneport. unless you only need 5 tracks at a time which I doubt, hence the big console. you will need a bigger soundcard. Or you can try multitracking via the submixes. for example, submix 1 is drums, 2 is bass and keys, 3 is guitars, 4 is vocals. then your can plug each submix to 4 of the inputs on the toneport. Just an idea, there are many variation and possibilities. Thats why I love mixers.:)

figured so. Are there drivers for the behri compatible with cakewalk to use it as a midi controller?

not sure if I do. I would like the faders etc. to correspond with sonar in real time, sync them so to speak.

You want to use a mx2442 as a control surface? Ain't gonna happen mate. No. Just no.

And if you want one with 24 touch-sensitive motorised faders then you're going to be spending a fair chunk of money.

Back