help

stevey j

i have downloaded a couple free drumkits like ns_free but i don't know how to use them. they seem to have many layers for each drum / sound. i have a midi keyboard controller and fl studio. i personally don't like fpc that much. are there any better free programs to use ns_free with? if not how i would i go about setting it up with fpc? thanks a lot
Edit/Delete Message

or are there any other recommended better ways to go about programming drums? i need to be able to do it software on my laptop with a controller with headphones because a lot of times i will need to be mobile and/or not be able to make loud noises while doing so.

If you have a Yamaha keyboard using XG midi, I'd recommend a freeware programmer called DrumFlow. In fact, whatever type of synth you use, you can simply hook it to a sequencer and use the drum sounds using your board as a sound module. If you are intent on using samples, you'll need a virtual sampler to load them into. Look at http://www.kvraudio.com/ for some possibly free sample programs.

Back