help?!?

nathanellis

Alright, here is what i am trying to do. I have a mac mini and an alesis multimix(usb). I hooked the mac mini's 1/8 jack to an adaptor that is female 1/8 to two 1/4. I plug that into channels 7 and 8 and use the pre fader aux send to get the signal to the headphones so i can hear what has already been recorded while recording the next part. But all i get is audio in the left headphone. How do i get it in stereo. What am i doing wrong? When i send the signal through to the monitors it is also only in the left. Any advice would be appreciated.

I could easily be mistaken but it sounds like the 1/8 plug is only making connection to one side of the 1/4 recepticle. I assume the 1/8 plug is mono. Is the 1/4 recepticle stereo?

7/8

The channel is 7/8. Here is what i've got figured out so far. The USB cable offers a way in and out of the computer. So if i set the out put of the computer to the correct driver it sends it to the multimix. BUT the only way for me to hear the signal from the computer and what i want to over dub at the same time is to hit the 2 track to mix but then it records what i want to over dub and the previously recrded material. Please help.

Back