Help: Yamaha MG10XU w/ MAC

ohtee

Hey guys! New here and not really an audiophile. Just trying to figure out how to set up a live music stream system. But I can't get it to work properly. I have a Rode NT1 with a Mac and MG10XU. I connected the MG10XU to my Mac via the USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 port. I can get signal and everything fine. When I monitor my audio and look at the bars I am at the correct level (About -6 and 0) I hear myself loud and clear as well. But when I am testing out recording my audio on garage band - the replay is very soft. I tweak up the volume on GB and it's still soft (not inaudible but not the level I want it to be). I tried it on Streamlabs OBS as well and audio that audience hears is very low as well.

Hearing the music instrumental playback on my Mac is very soft through my headphones as well. I turned it all the way up already... Is there a way to monitoring my Mac audio louder and mic audio softer? Or is that not possible and I will need the 12XU for that? I see other streamers using the MG10XU fine with their live settings and mic and I'm wondering if I am doing anything wrong - or if I do need to drop extra for the 12XU...

Or should I just use the AI that comes with the Rode NT1? But I don't think I can hear my own vocals with reverb on it, which would help during live vocal streaming...

Any thoughts or pointers? Thank you so much.

On a Windows PC you have the means to select the input and output device you are using and the record and playback levels. I would expect a mac to have something similar?

Dave.

On a Windows PC you have the means to select the input and output device you are using and the record and playback levels. I would expect a mac to have something similar?

Dave.

I go to edit my sounds and it doesn't let me tweak with it at all. It is set to the MG10XU for input output but it doesn't let me set any volumes or anything like that...

Hi,
Sounds like what you're describing is an issue with settings at the mixer rather than the computer.

This, from the manual, may be relevant?
Screenshot 2022-02-14 at 15.02.26.jpg

Back