Help with vocal line?

MonkeyShock

I'm looking for help for a vocal line for this tune. I have nothing concrete for lyrics, but have been calling the tune "Ultraviolet", and writing about seeing the world in a different light. If anybody would like to help out with this, I'll give them their due songwriting credits...I may use this on our demo that we're doing in Sept. The only limitation is that my singer is a chick, so keep that in mind if you put down any words. If you just want to hum a melody, fine. The vox come in about 32 seconds in, roughly. Thanks to anyone who tries.

Why don't you tell us what you got so far. At least give a starting point. You're basically looking for full lyrics and melody for the song, eh? Hmm...

I can't count the number of songs I've written, both lyrics and music...some of which have been bought or used for other bands cd's.It's just a tune. I simply thought this would be a good excersize for myself and anybody interested. I'm not looking for a handout, just having some difficulty with a melody for the lyrics.
I didn't want to put any lyrics here because I didn't want to put any restrictions. I just thought somebody might hear the tune, and maybe hear a melody in their head that they thought would work well for this. It's not a problem, I have something I'm going with if I don't come up with something better, just thinking I'd be open to suggestions. Thanks.

I wasn't trying to crap on your parade, but was just suggesting that a little guidance might help others to help you. But I get ya. No prob. Hell, I'll listen again see if anything comes to mind.

-Andy

Well, here's what I came up with this morning. As usual, they're just words and can be changed or dumped...whatever makes sense to the tune in this case. I figured the vox would come in roughly 33 secs in. Guess I can get a bit defensive here because so many people just like to spout trash instead of communicate ideas, so, sorry man. Thanks for your time, andyhix.

Ultraviolet

I cannot believe the things I see today ( Verse 1 )
All the world is nothing more than shades of gray
If I were blind, still I'd see what's true
Colors unimaginable to me and you.

And I can see your world, through ultraviolet rays ( Chorus )
Every shade of light I see a vision of your face
Now I find, it's all so clear to me
You and I were simply meant to be

Hidden in the shadow of my dreams ( Verse )
A black and white photograph it seems
We were young and only saw the day
At night we closed our eyes to fade away

Through those eyes so innocent and blue ( Verse )
The world we saw was always something new
Now I see just what you mean to me
Close your eyes and maybe you will see

So we can see the world, through ultraviolet rays ( Chorus )
Every shade of light just fading in the haze
Now I find, it's all so clear to me
You and I were simply meant to be

Wow - Fa-bu-lous - I like the music and the lyrics you've written. Not sure you even need to colaborate as this is already excellent.

Back