help with speaker wiring on Peavey Classic 410??

Hi_Flyer

So I threw a couple new Celestion G10s in my Peavey Classic 410. got the speakers installed and wired up just fine, but when I plugged the cable back into the amp, there was an input for both 8 ohm and 16 ohm loads, and I can't remember which one the cable was plugged into...

I am a moron when it comes to matching impedance, and I can't tell if the wiring is serial or parallel or what. The speakers are all 16 ohm and the wiring is stock, so I guess I need to know whether the stock speaker configuration is a 16 or 8 ohm load?

Any Peavey Classis 410 owners out there? can anybody help me with determining whether its serial or parallel wiring?

any help is appreciated.

If the original speakers were 16 ohm (each), then they were surely wired in parallel to give a combined 8 ohm impedance. Otherwise they would be in series and presenting a 32-ohm load.

I'm just assuming, though, so it's best to check the load with an ohmmeter.

if you put 4 16 ohm speakers in paralell ya get 4 ohms.... on the otherhand if ya paralel 2 pair and then series them ya get 16ohms... so i'm betting thats what ya need...

if you put 4 16 ohm speakers in paralell ya get 4 ohms.... on the otherhand if ya paralel 2 pair and then series them ya get 16ohms... so i'm betting thats what ya need...
Oh shit, you're right, I didn't read the "410" part. :o

Please disregard my previous post.

yeah its 4 x 16 ohm speakers. so ya think its two pair wired in parallel, and then each pair wired in series? and thats a 16 ohm load total? OK thanks.

Back