Help with Sonar?(Q10 & XP Pro)

MAC2

ok....I'm in the middle of my first project with SonarXL....been recording and mixing with it for months and all of a sudden after doing some volume, pan and effect pan automation on a tune things start gettin' weird....error messages start showing up....and then I haven't picked any midi output or input...on and on it gets worse...so I decide to re-install Sonar and the drivers for the Aardvark Q10 (which Sonar is starting to say that they're not there or are being used by another application,etc.)....But before I blow the stuff away I make a new folder and put all the individual track waves from Sonar into it and I save it....now I uninstall Sonar and the drivers and then re-install everything from scratch. To make a long story short I wind up with two folders that now have the individual track wave files in them ...one folder works and the stuff in the other folder causes havoc when I try to use files from it...my question is (if anyone has read this far...) can I safely delete the folder with the files that create havoc? Any help would be appreciated....

You might get a little heat, but I'd post again in the Cakewalk forum.

I'm interested in what you find out because I'm using SONAR 2.0XL with a Q10 and am starting to have a few problems with a project. I've got about 10 tracks going, some with effects, and occasionally I get audio dropouts; once SONAR just closed down completely.

Thanks for the reply Phyl. I've contacted Cakewalk support and they've given me some things to try. In reference to your running multiple tracks with multiple effects and running into problems....I got around a lot of that by doing things to conserve CPU's: Bounce tracks to make a submix (such as guitar bass and drums) and then archive the individual tracks; when using effects try to use the auxiliary bus for the effect and then use the send/return and the effect level control on the individual track to mix to taste. Running an effect on each individual track seems to eat up A LOT of CPU which can result in a crash as you describe. Hope that helps a little.

Back