help with setting up software

offcenter2005

I am using sonar 8 producer, fl studio 9, m audio axiom 25, and a dsp 2000 soundcard. Could anyone give me some advice on how to run all this the best way possible. I know this is vague but im not sure how to ask the question im seeking an answer for if that makes sense.

Does your computer even recognize the DSP 2000? What driver are you using for it?

Anyway, patch the MIDI out of the Axiom into the DSP.

In S8P select Options > MIDI devices and find the DSP MIDI ports and select those for MIDI I/O.

In S8P select Options > Audio > General and select WAV Profiler. Sonar should identify all the audio options available. Under the Drivers tab you should see the corresponding audio I/O for the DSP. Select the ones you want to use.

Open a new project and see if Sonar you can get the audio and MIDI inputs and outputs to work.

Thanks for the reply. I have a better description of my problem now. When running fl studio and sonar together i make my drum and synth tracks then export as a wav file and import it into my sonar project where i am recording my live instruments. The problem with this is the work flow is slowed down and it is hard to switch between just for small things that need tweaked. I am also having latency problems that i would like to fix. I use ezdrummer and various other vst programs and need to integrate all my programs for efficiency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured that would be the way to go but when i do that the cpu goes through the roof. I already have 16 to 24 tracks going and am running out of available resources. Could you point me to a page that could explain a way to optimize xp for recording. I only use my desktop for recording and im sure that there are alot of tweaks to help me squeeze out all the power i can for my projects.

also is rewire the same as inserting it as a soft synth? There are two options, One to rewire and the other just insert fl studio as a vst.

Back