Help with school project.

Melvin McSnatch

Hello home recording community,

For a project, I need to do write a blog and crowdsource stories through the comments section. Unfortunately, no one else in the class is into this stuff so I'm asking if any of you could to stop by the blog over the next few weeks and tell me what you think.

www.basementmusicstudio.blogspot.com

I'm on a super-low budget and not an incredibly sophisticated home recordist. I've been a hobbyist for several years and wanted to kill two birds with one stone for this project. For those new to home recording, this is definitely a cool place for you because I'm working to get the best out of the very basic equipment that you have or will have. For the more experienced people, your help and guidance is more than welcome.

So far I have a review of the SM48, and a recap of interview with a band that self-published. I'm going to post a "how to start recording on the cheap" type article in the next few days I could use comments on. The original concept was going to be a behind the scenes look at writing and recording my own album, but that's going to take some time.

If you have any ideas on what would make a great article for the home recordist or self-publisher, let me know. Thanks.

Back