help with reamp as an external effect

stash98

I have a setup like this in cubase:

An out of my firebox goes from a TRS cable to the Radial passive reamp box. From there it goes to my pedalboard, then into an amp, into an Audix mic and into my Meek pre. The Meek pre feeds a line input of the firebox.

So I have this set as an external effect in Cubase. I can put it in a group channel as an insert. Here is problem 1...when i do this, the channel gets no signal. This is strange because my amp is playing the part i sent out and my pre is showing signal coming on. when I set up this effect in it's own FX channel instead of an insert, it works....but I don't want to do it that way.

The final wierd part is that when I ping the effect to get delay time, it shows nothing. It shows a delay of 0.0. I hear it send the transient too because it clicks in my amp.

Any ideas?

I don't understand. How should I set it instead? I only have the options for line in or SPIDF left and Right..so what should I change?

Well, your simple response was correct..heh. The thing I had to do was switch the Line in jack on my firebox to line 3..I have no idea why..it makes zero sense to me, but that was the issue. That linein has worked just fine forever when it came to tracking in, but for some reason, it did not jive with my reamp setup until i switched it.

You should have line in 1, line in 2, line in 3, etc - or however it's labeled on your system. I have a hammerfall card so mine is a bunch of gibberish. You must have the return set to line in 3.

Back