Help with mulitTracks ? Fostex

Dj SoundStorm

Hi

All just joined this forum.

With my custom built Daw I'm Using A Audiophile 2496 Soundcard.
For my main Console I'm using a behringer Sl 3242FX Pro.
Recently expanded my setup I purchased a Fostex Dat 5 Dat Recorder, and added two Fostex D-160 16 track harddisks and a fostex D-90 8 track harddisk for my racks.

right now just have them in my racks, i was wondering I would like to be able to use them with my computer and console what would be the best way to connect them up ? would I be able to load the tracks from my fostex multitracks to my computer ?

For my main audio editing software I'm using cubase SE and Samplitude 6.0

could I control them from mixing console ?

Dj SoundStorm said:
Recently expanded my setup I purchased a Fostex Dat 5 Dat Recorder, and added two Fostex D-160 16 track harddisks and a fostex D-90 8 track harddisk for my racks.
Obviously, the DAT machine will be used for mixdowns. But I can't figure out why you spent the $ on 40 'harddisk' tracks when you already have a 'custom DAW' at your disposal.

Do you have a project on the Fostex 'harddisk' that you need to transfer? Are you not satisfied with the quality your computer setup is giving you?

You'd have to pick either the computer or the Fostex setup if you want to continue to use that same board --- you will barely have enough channels to return all your 'harddisk' tracks.

Please post again with what your main objective is and someone here will try to help.

Back