Help with Monitoring

HydrantC12

A problem im having is monitoring and such...I want to be able to hear what im recording through my headphones as i play it (or my monitors too sometimes)..For example..i want to hear my electric guitar in my headphones as i record it over a drum track...Can someone suggest a way how to setup my headphones and monitors to do the things i want...what inputs?..from where to where?..etc..Thanks alot

My set up..is a Behringer UB2222FX Pro Eurorack Mixer to a M-Audio Omni i/o...to a Delta 66 soundcard...Here are some links if your not all familiar..

Mixer: http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--BEHUB2222FXP
Omni i/o: http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--MDOOMNIIO
Soundcard (with the i/o): http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--MDOOMNISTU

that was on accident..i posted it..and didnt see it show up..so i posted it somewhere else..why do you care anyway?..im just looking for help..

HydrantC12 said:
so i posted it somewhere else..why do you care anyway

Double posting is seriously frowned upon here. You can always go back to your original post and delete it by pressing the "edit" button

guys..im new. i just needed help. like i said...i did it on accident. i didnt meen to post it twice. i didnt see it show up, so i posted it in an other section.(not knowing i actually posted it in the other section aswell)....i also wasnt aware of the edit button..i would think you wouldnt worry about stupid double posts..and youd actually want to be a nice guy and help a person who needs it..so if anyone has any advice...id really appreciate it...thanks!

Well you have two options:

1.- Monitor everything through your mixer by using the outs of your soundcard into on of the inputs of the mixer

2.- Monitor everything through your soundcard. I have never used your particular kind before, but I would say it would either be software based or hardware based.

Read your manual.

Tell me how you have the soundcard/mixer and whatever speakers you have hooked up now. It's not too hard to do what you want to do.

The Omni I/O has everything you need for your monitors, headphones, etc.

I recently replaced mine with a Tascam 1884, but on the Omni you have 2 outputs on the front for your headphones with separate volume controls. On the back of the omni is your connections for your monitors with the volume control on the front of the unit.

Since you also have a mixer I would bypass the preamps on the front of the omni (although they're probably better than the behringer pres) and use the line 3 and 4 in on the back of the omni. Better yet, you can get rid of the behringer and just use the omni :-)

ok...thanks alot guys for all your suggestions...but i have a slight problem now...the sound coming from my mic through the headphones/monitors is delayed...Like ill speak in the mic for example..and a second later ill hear my voice...any ideas how to help this?..thanks

What Application are you using ? I suspect that you have to turn off application monitoring..

Back