Help with Mixer-PC Connection & Configuration.

Jordan-Tom

Hey guys, I have just got myself a brand new Soundcraft M12 Series Mixer and a Shure PG42 (not the USB version) condenser mic for a studio I am hoping to build.

I can get input into the mixer via XLR from mic to mixer and I have cubase on my PC but I need to know a few things:

1. How do I get a connection from my mixer to PC? (I want to get the best possible quality out of my mixer)
2. Do my monitor speakers need to be in a PC mini-jack or connected to the phones socket in my mixer? (I want to be able to PFL)
3. Does anyone know any DI boxes for my guitar to go into the mixer with for under £40.

Any help is massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Jordan.

First question is why did you spend all that money on a mixer before trying to figure out how to get the sound from it to your computer? You need an audio interface that will take the analog signal from your mic or guitar and convert it to a digital signal and send it to your computer via USB or Firewire.
Read the stickies at the top of this forum before buying any more equipment!

Yes you need a audio interface like B stated, then M12 has direct outs that allow you to connect each channel direct outs to a analog to digital interface, for multi track recording.
You can pick up a 8 channel A/D off ebay or craiglist for around $300 to $500

Back