help with line 6 pod @ some other things

Supapowa22

I have a couple of questions about recording in general with the gear that I have....

I have a line 6 pod 2.0 and I am hooking that up to my sound blaster audigy live drive 1/4" jack to record WAV. files into Cubase VST32 on my PC.

1. I'm wondering how do I make midi tracks with my POD??? and is this even possible. I don't know a lot about midi. I"ve gone to midi.com and read up but i'm just not getting it. If I am just recording guitar, bass, drums, and vocals do I even really need to be messing with Midi?? and could you recommend a good book to start out with home recording...I've just been doing trial and error right now but I want to start making some quality stuff.

Thanks...

You can not make MIDI tracks with a POD. The POD can be controlled with various MIDI commands useing the software that comes with POD (to controll various effects settings, additional amp & cab sims, etc).

In essence - the POD can receive MIDI control daa - and transmit MIDI control data - but it can not transmit or receive "performance data".

In essence - the POD can receive MIDI control daa - and transmit MIDI control data - but it can not transmit or receive "performance data".

Just to be a stickler -- MIDI data is performance data -- at least it's often called that. That is, the MIDI data is only performance data -- which pitches to play, how loud, how long, what controllers to apply, etc. -- without anything inherent of the actual sound itself. Confusing, I agree, because a "performance" is what is heard, but the data transmitted by you playing a MIDI instrument is so often called "performance data" that I felt I had to make the distinction here.

With the Midi input on the Pod you can flash the firmware and update it.. The line6 website has a few cool utilities.. or at least they sound cool, like ToneTransfer which I believe is a way to trade presets via MIDI.

Unfortunatly I have the PODxt and Tone Transfer is not yet available because line 6 are a bunch of assholes. *caugh*. So i cant tell you how well it works.

Does the Pod 2.0 have USB?

Thanks guys...I had a feeling you couldn't really record midi tracks or whatever the hell it was I was thinking. I"m so lost about midi but I'll get it one of these days. Thanks also for the link..I got a little confused but it still was good information for future dealings. I'm using cubase vst 32 right now but I think I want to get the Delta 1010 and just use the cakewalk program that comes with it. Thanks again.

Back