HELP with interface

devilsgirth

I'm wanting to record on my 32 bit laptop with vista, the program I am trying to use is called Reaper. I've had a presonus audiobox usb for a while now and have been having problems with it (ex, anytime i unplug it and then i plug it back in, it won't work so i have to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them). I can record guitar just fine with the presonus but I have an audiotechnica condenser mic, an AT2020, and when i plug it into the presonus with the xrl input thing theres this constant static-like noise (i have phantom power turned on).
So im thinking of getting a better interface, i dont do drums so I dont need a ton of inputs, I only want to record bass, electric guitar, accoustic guitar, and vocals and mix them in Reaper. Does anyone have any suggestions for a interface that works well at a somewhat decent price?

Hmmm, did you turn phantom power on before pluggin in the mic?? I hope not, that could definitely ruin the mic.

I'm surprised you're having so much trouble with the Presonus. From all I've heard, it's a decent little unit. You might want to check out your PC first. Vista does not a have good reputation as a recording O/S. XP or Win7 work much better.

welcome to the site.

Hmm no I turned phantom power on after the mic was plugged in. Yea I think it's my computer to be honest, I'm strongly debating getting a new one just for music recording.

Is it a feed back kinda noise from leaving the speakers on?
Is it a ground loop problem? Did you try recording with the puter using just battery power?
I just cant think.

Can you hear the mic with headphones plugged into the PreSonus and the 'mixer' control all the way to 'inputs'?

Most people swear by PreSonus but you're not alone, I've had trouble with Their stuff too. One of these may fit you needs perfectly. The amp simulation is sweet too.

Line 6 POD Studio UX2 or Line 6 Line 6 Pod Studio UX1

when i posted this it created a link to the line 6 pod, but that's not what i'm recommending. make sure it's the UX1 or UX2.

Back