Help with fruity loops and acid foundry

greecher

I apologise for what I am about to say if my questions sound really newbish I am very new to FL producer and the whole mixing with your comp thing. I have a wave file I am trying to add beats to using fl producer's extensive range of beats, drums, guitar strings, samples... I have tried slicing the wave to beats, which was not what I wanted as it produced hundreds of mini 3secs wavs I had no clue how to manipulate, it would be helpful if there was a clear direction on how to move the chopped up sliced beats into one long wave file like you had before, or move it into the draw tool so you can just add effects to it, or the paint tool they look promising as to the direct manipulations you can do.

Anyway back to my problem I chose to slice the beats as a new slicer channel it gave me long sample that I didn't see any options to manipulate not to mention that 2 mins into the song it couldn't match the beats anymore all I heard was just the same recurrent shrill that was suppose to be a different sliced beat.

I am on win98 with a soundcard I assume is ASIO complaint as it was able to convert the song from tape via cooledit to wave on the comp, I also have sonic foundry 4.0 but I see no loops for it and it seems a nightmare getting into any of these official forums for fruity loops producer 4.5.2 or Sonic acid foundry, I tried soundforge as I heard you could manipulate loops easily on it but it said it couldn't install on my comp, I assume my 64MB ram and 400MHZ processor on win98 was not good enough.

So back to my problem I have a wave I have been unable to slice properly. the recording option via input/output is not very clear, clicking on the record option and playing the song via line in does nothing that I can see, the main problem is being unable to add any beats whatsoever maybe it is probably a trivial thing, something I didn't read in the manual but for all the rave reviews I have heard about this prog it's a nightmare for the common man to use it!!!

My problem with sonic foundry is also probably a trivial matter to the experienced, I am trying to basically mix two different songs into one, one with the lyrics and the other with a 5 sec beat and somehow elongate it to match the whole 5 min song with lyrics, I have had the song with lyrics beat mapped on the left hand side (acid 4) I was told in theory all I had to do was drag and drop it from the left hand side to the right and my song would be ready to be edited on the right hand side, doing that shows nothing, I noticed cut, paint and draw options on the right hand side, noticed that paint would paste certains parts of the melody on the right hand side considering the song was beat mapped, one particular song however just kept on painting/pasting the very same lyric again and again even though I assume it was suppose to paste the song relevant to the time on the left hand side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

acid pro problem reply

when you cut and paste a sample and you want the next one you paste to pick up from the last one the long vertical line (position marker), must be at the end of the last paste you made. if it is still at the beginning of the last paste it will merely repaste at the same location.so hold your mouse pointer at the end of the last paste until you see this <->. then left click and you will be at the right spot for the next paste to be made. hope this helps i've use acid pro 4 for 3 years print out the manual off of the disc easier to red than on the pc. and acid can pretty much do everything fruity can so i'd stick with acid and save the hard drive and memory space .

Back