Help with daw. Reaper

Nosprocharger

Quick question. I have a lexicon omega and I using reaper to record through it. Does anyone know how to record 4 tracks at once through this set up? I'm trying to record drums and I need my kick, snare, an overhead, and a room mic recording all at once. For some reason it's only letting me do 2 at a time. And be fore you ask I don't have a mixer. Thanks for any help!

Well, it does have enough line inputs -- You can pull 4 (or 6?) inputs at a time with the Omega.

Assuming you actually have all four mics plugged in to something (outboard preamps or what not), all you need to do is assign input one to track one, input two to track two, etc.

Mono sources to mono tracks, of course (just in case - I'm still a bit shocked at how some get confused about that).

That's what I assumed but as I'm assigning the tracks to the inputs reaper only shows 2 possible inputs. And like you said there is six total. I use the two xlr inputs for the 2 condensors ( overhead and room mics ) and I use a xlr to 1/4"adapter to hook up my snare and kicks into two of the 1/4" line inputs. The omega will show all four mics working but the reaper software will only let me choose input 1 or 2. Any ideas?

Well, it does have enough line inputs -- You can pull 4 (or 6?) inputs at a time with the Omega.

Assuming you actually have all four mics plugged in to something (outboard preamps or what not), all you need to do is assign input one to track one, input two to track two, etc.

Mono sources to mono tracks, of course (just in case - I'm still a bit shocked at how some get confused about that).

Giggity

Thats what i did with this older audio interface (cant remember which one) i used a few years ago.. 2 stereo tracks = 4 mono tracks

Back