Help with cables!!

ches1

I'm posting it here since most of them cables will end up in my Delta1010, wich inputs accept either a Balanced or Unbalanced singal

1- is there such a thing as a pair of RCA to a pair of 1/4"TRS cable??
my turntable's preamp output 2RCA(1left, 1right)while the Delta1010 use 2 1/4" inputs(1left, 1right) for stereo recording and I'd like to get the best signal possible

2-is there such a thing as a TS to TRS cable??
my C300 compressor outputs an Unbalanced signal(tho it is mentioned in the manual that it does not suffer the common 6db losses)I didn't found any TS to TRS cable on the net but there is one showed in the manual, heres the link, page 13 or 14http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/C300_US_070307.pdf

3-can you send a mono signal over a TRS cable??

I tried to make it as simple as possible without forgoting important details,
any answer will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Peace.

well....

1.no
2.no
3.yes

clarification.... a trs cable (some still think of it as a headphone jack) has 2 conductors and a shield which is typicly grounded... the advantage of it is it can be used for a balanced connection... balancing a signal sends i denticle signals down 2 conductors where one is inverted from the other... they are later reinverted and combined and through some majic you get what can be an appreciably cleaner signal.... note i said can... under some circumstances it doesn't make any real difference (short runs)... so then as to your question... there's noway the cable alone can balance the thing so no use for a rca-trs cable... same with a ts-trs.... and yes to the third as a balanced line really is a single signal.... now in for practcly all cases you just use ts-ts to send an unbalanced signal to a balanced connection... make sense???

I'm posting it here since most of them cables will end up in my Delta1010, wich inputs accept either a Balanced or Unbalanced singal

1- is there such a thing as a pair of RCA to a pair of 1/4"TRS cable??
my turntable's preamp output 2RCA(1left, 1right)while the Delta1010 use 2 1/4" inputs(1left, 1right) for stereo recording and I'd like to get the best signal possible

Its possible, but it probably won't do what you're looking for it to do (go from unbalanced to balanced). An RCA connection is always going to be unbalanced, as an RCA jack only has one conductor plus ground. If there was an RCA to TRS cable, the ring and sleeve would probably be tied together, or the ring would not be attached to anything, making it, in effect, a TS cable.

2-is there such a thing as a TS to TRS cable??
my C300 compressor outputs an Unbalanced signal(tho it is mentioned in the manual that it does not suffer the common 6db losses)I didn't found any TS to TRS cable on the net but there is one showed in the manual, heres the link, page 13 or 14http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/C300_US_070307.pdf

Again, same thing. In that diagram it looks like the ground on the TS is tied to the ring and the ground on the TRS. Either way, the signal won't be balanced just by using a TRS cable. If you want to balance signals, get some balancing transformers.

3-can you send a mono signal over a TRS cable??

Yes, a cable with TRS jacks on both ends can carry a single mono signal, either balanced or unbalanced (depending, of course, on whether the gear that the cable connects has balanced or unbalanced connections), or an unbalanced stereo signal (which is really the same as two mono signals with a common ground).

so for 1- and 2- I guess I,ll be fine using an unbalanced cables as long a I set the -10/+4 switch on the Delta1010's input to -10 ?????

3- was asked because it says that the DMP3 output a balanced signal and the C300 also input balanced and this combo is used to rec vocals and bass wich are both mono signal, so I can use a TRS between the DMP3 and C300 then....?

Peace.

Yes on all counts. Though you may need a preamp for your turntable if it doesn't have an internal preamp.

cant remember right now but dont sweat it... just didnt want to piss you off unnecessarily as i neg repped you... but will hit you again pos when bbs will allow...

Back