Help with Cable re-routing

malcolm123

From another forum, but maybe you guys can help.

Sorry if posted in the wrong place.

Hello all,
I am finally in the new facility but just recently came to the conclusion that the monitor console I am using in the practice room is just fine for the P/A and house but the sends on it must be bad or something. This is mainly because I can only get a good signal from a couple of sources. So I am planning on re-routing the cabling scheme and use my Mackie mixer instead.

My current scheme is all Drums miced to monitor console via XLR, Guitars miced on cabs to monitor XLR ins, Bass line/in to monitor console via preamp as well as keyboards.

Then I run a snake from the practice room monitor mixer's sends to the DM24 all via XLR.

Now if I use the Mackie, I can run all of the source inputs in the same as the bad monitor mixer but all of the inserts on the Mackie ate 1/4inch meaning I would have to get a different Snake. Either a 1/4" to 1/4" or 1/4" to XLR male for the DM24. Seeing that I can use either 1/4" inputs or XLR for the DM24.

The is pretty straight forward from my perspective, but if you can think of any other solutions I would appreciate it before I go out spending more money.

so my chain would look like this I guess Source> Xlr or 1/4" out > Xlr or 1/4" (in on the Mackie ) > 1/4" from the mackie's inserts out > 1/4" to (1/4" or Xlr Male) to the DM24's input 1/4" or XLR?

Thanks

Malcolm

Back