Help with Blue Yeti / New mic suggestions?

Lankesh

Hey! I'm a 17 year old rapper and I've only recently gotten into writing and recording songs! I was given the Blue Yeti as a gift by some friends and they kind of just bought it because it seemed like it would do the job. At the time I thought it would too, and was perfectly happy with it. Now that I've gotten more serious about my music, something is definitely off.

I've attached a raw edit of my vocals and a mixed version. Is it just because I'm too loud? I stand around half a foot away from the mic at least.

I have read the sticky on USB Microphones so I'm wondering, if I upgraded to using a XLR + Audio Interface (my budget would be $150-$200 in total for both), would my sound quality greatly improve? Or can I somehow make the Yeti work by changing the way I record?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Spitfire - Return of Simba RAW.mp3
    7.2 MB · Views: 13
  • Spitfire - Return of Simba MIX.mp3
    7.2 MB · Views: 4
I will have the same answer here. Yes, it would greatly improve with an interface and any mic. Your vocals are clipping either the mic, or the built in soundcard you are using, is killing any bit of goodness you are throwing out.

Back