Help with an acoustic amp with 2 inputs

Joe KID

Hello.

I am looking for advice on an acoustic amp decision I am trying to make. I need 2 inputs, one for guitar (Taylor 414ce) and one for vocals.

Any and all recommendations are welcome and encouraged.

I am trying to decide between Genz Benz' new SHENANDOAH™ ACOUSTIC 100 AND the GB SHENANDOAH JR. (The main difference that I am looking at and wondering is the 100 has seperate EQ knobs for the vocal input where as the Jr. does not. -- how much of a difference will this make? There are other features the 100 has as well...)

I have to add that I tried the SWR Strawberry Blonde and loved the sound, but it only has one input. The next step up (California Blonde?) was $799. A little more than I want to pay.

I've seen (but have not played the) Fender's Acoustics?...

Again, any input is welcome.

Thanking you in advance.

Joe KID

Last edited:
I own the Peavey Ecoustic 112 (precursor to the 112 FX). http://www.peavey.com/products/shop...tem/00486070/wc/1A1B4/fam/1B/tcode/4/usti.cfm

I have been very happy with it.

And regarding your other comments, having separate EQs for each channel is critical, you want your guitar and voice to sound the best they can, and a single EQ is going to compromise both. A great feature with teh Peavey is that it has 5-band EQs for each channel, a notch filter on the instrument channel, and separate FX loops for both channels. It really is versatile. I would avoid the new FX model and try to find a straight up 112, as I am sure you could find a new one sitting in some store still at a great price.

Thanks, cstockdale!

I will look around and see what I can find.

I like (and agree with) your comment about the separate EQs, which is a major concern of mine. I guess it goes without saying that having a separate EQ on the mike input provides me with more options/adjustments. Every little bit helps!

Back