Help with Adam A7 monitors

Alexrkstr

I'm considering buying a pair of used Adam 7 monitors to use in my studio (rectangular 10' x 12'), minimally treated room (monitors sit on auralex pads and few insulation on the wall).

Questions:
- Are these too big for my room? 7 inches? Should I consider 6.5 or 5 inches?
- One of the tweeters in the A7s sits back a little further than the other one. Should I be concerned?
- If I don't buy these, what would you recommend?
- I could also buy the Yamaha HS80s, but I'm almost certain those are too big for my room

- One of the tweeters in the A7s sits back a little further than the other one.

I would be a bit concerned about this, as it is not the way it should be.

AFA the size of the speaker, well, in your 10-12 minimally treated room, even the 6.5" or 5" could be problematic...or not.
I think with treatment it will not be an issue.

Thanks miroslac, what do you recommend though? 5, 6.5, or 7 inch speakers? Do you think the A7s will be fine? or is that too much?

I've got the A7's and a room that's roughly the same size.
They're a good monitor.
I'd be more concerned with that tweeter being pushed back. Have you listened to em? How do they sound? Those ribbon tweeters are nice and clear but I'd zone in on that one and listen carefully.

As to the woofer size...I believe the A7's have a 6.5 woofer. No problem on the size but my room is pretty well treated.

I've got the A7's and a room that's roughly the same size.
They're a good monitor.
I'd be more concerned with that tweeter being pushed back. Have you listened to em? How do they sound? Those ribbon tweeters are nice and clear but I'd zone in on that one and listen carefully.

As to the woofer size...I believe the A7's have a 6.5 woofer. No problem on the size but my room is pretty well treated.

Thanks for the input. How do you have your room treated?

I'd shy away from 5" in any situation. The 7" or 6.5" or 6" probably don't matter as much. I'd go at least 6" and 7" if possible.

I USED 5" speakers, and that was only because that was all I had and I was too cheap to buy better ones.

I'm not sure there is a specific usage where there is an advantage to using 5" speakers.

Back