help with acid.BLAHH!

smuckinfart1

Hello all.Heres my problem.Im running acid pro 2.0 and everytime i try to record a guitar track its out of time on playback.I'll record say 10 seconds worth of my playing,then when i go to play it back its in time for the fist few seconds then as it progresses it starts getting way out!Is there just some small setting that im overlooking?Or am I just cursed?If someone could offer me some advice i would be beyond greatful!

Thanks
Keith

First of all, hit the space bar a time or two after a period. =)

I would say that you have some sort of HD lag or some sort of buffer problem. Could be RAM too. So you record a guitar track. Then the tempo varies on playback. Just by itself, or compared to another fixed track (or other track)?

Fangar

Thanks for replying Fangar,but the space bar thing didnt work! I'll keep trying anyway.

Ok,so I installed Acid 3.0 and now I dont seem to have a problem with most of my recordings. The only thing im starting to notice are these little pops and cracks when I playback the recorded track. This didnt start until about the 10th track. My comps a good one and is only used for recording so I have no clue whats going on.
Well,at the very least my grammer has been improved

Keith

Pops and clicks?
Are they in the recordings or ONLY during playback?

Time for the obligitory system description questions:

What sound card?
What computer? (motherboard, ram, as much detail as you have)
What Operating system? (Win2k, XP, Win98se)

If the "snap crackle pop" thing happened in the recordings, look to your sound card as the culprit.

If the pops and clicks only happen during playback, try this:
1.) Open Acid
2.) Select OPTIONS
3.) Select GENERAL
4.) Scroll to the last choice at the bottom of the list
5.) Put a check in the box for "USE SLOWER UPDATES"

6.) Now click the Audio tab
7.) Click ADVANCED
8.) Go to RECORD LATENCY and be sure its set to "AUTOMATICALLY DETECT AND OFFSET HARDWARE LATENCY"

9.) Click APPLY and/or OK and close ACID

10.) Restart ACID and test.

Any improvement?

Some pops and clicks occur during screen redraws but are not part of the ACID file or recording. They don't show up when you render the project. Try it and see - if the pops and clicks are in the recordings or the rendered file, it's likely a souncard related issue.

Z

Gkad to see that has helped you. The pops and cracks are most likely HD lag and Ram issues. Veyr common. Make sure that your system resources are as high as possible, (That all non essential programs are closed). Good Luck,

Fangar

Thanks guys,I just got home from work so im gonna try a few things and see what works. If it helps,Im running Windows 98,My computer has a pentium 4,128 megs of ram,and I have no other programs other then acid3.0 and sonde fordge 5.0 installed. The sound card is from the c-port package I bought.

Also,when windows starts up the WAV that plays also clicks/pops. I checked the monitors and its not them. Could Windows just need to be updated?

Thanks again
Keith

You *should* be running windows 98 SE (second edition) if so, then its not a windows issue - it has something to do with your soundcard.

I would get with C-Port's tech support but its probably just a buffer adjustment.

Z

Thanks for the advice Zombie King.I went through Acid and made sure everything was set up the way you had suggested. So at long last I think Im on top of things. I went to the site for the sound card(staudio.com) and downloaded an update for the driver. I've since recored a bass track and so far so good!
But believe me,if things go crazy again you'll hear me yellin no matter where you are!

Thanks
Keith

Back