Help with a new rack

jamking

I solo constantly, so I need something that offers much quality and TONS of sustain. It seems no matter what processor I've ever used (with the exception of my outdated, dead digitech legend II), nothing offers the sustain I need. The floor model boss type $400 jobbies are so piss poor, all you hear is digital feedback. I've heard good things about Eventide, especially the Eclipse, but I don't have $2000. Does anyone have any suggestions of something more affordable that can do just as much.

For guitar, right? MXR Dyna Comp is a radical red box... I really like it, anyway. Mad sustain...

for me I used the old tried and true ADA. Mixed with a good multi fx (lexicon MPX-1 or rocktron intellifex) it is awesome.
You never mentioned what styles you are playing. If rock or metal and distortion are your thing try this set up out.
You can even get mods on the units to make them even better. Why do you think all the pros used them?

I've heard good things about both the lexicon MPX-1 or rocktron intellifex, but I've never heard them played.

I have an Ibanez custom sabre. It has a Dimazario at the bridge, so it can pull good harmonics when the proper rack is in use.

The type of music I play is Michael Angelo Batio, Steve Vai type soloing, so I'm sure you can understand why I need something like this.

What's the Dyna Comp like? Is it a rack or floor unit?

sorry forgot. A compressor will definatley give you more sustain, but it will also take away alot of control over your tone when using your volume knob.

HangDawg said:
Lets hear some
I will, I swear, but I'm in limbo right now. The demo is half finished. I need to redo MANY guitar parts, and pick up a limiter for mixdown. Unfortunately, I don't have the effects to finish yet, and I'm kind of.....broke :( at the time.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into them.

All I have to say is, if I'd read this thread title in the Cave, I would be expecting an entirely different conversation. :D

KLON Centaur overdrive. Feedback at the roll of a speedknob. :eek:

Can't get much more sustain than that. :D

Well, I ordered a Rocktron Prophecy II. It has EXCELLENT reviews from every source I've read so far. Hope I'm not let down :confused:

Quick question: How important is a limiter during mixdown? I was actually going to pick one up as well, but the salesman actually talked me out of it since the drums I'm currently using are digital. I know it's pretty important with vocals, which I don't have any yet.

Oh... I thought this was a post from Jennifer Aniston, and I was going to tell her about my excellent dexterity and how I'd be happy to help her get used to her new rack...

*dang*

punkin said:
A prophecy? Really? Nice effects box but all that for sustain? :eek:
Oh no, not just for that. I currently have NOTHING except crappy 1970's overdrive built into the amp. My preamp died last month, and I've been toughing it out ever since.

Glad to hear you think it's a good one.

Back