Help - what leads do i need?

YooDooRight

Dumb question alert! :rolleyes: But I thought I should check before frying my gear with the wrong tips/leads.

I’ve got a cheap Fostex MR8 digital multitracker im using for playing backing tracks live, I want to run a lead from the left stereo output that contains a mono mix of the backing to front of house desk (via an onstage DI box i presume)... and a lead from the right stereo output - that contains a mono mix of a click track - to the drummers Behringer headphone amp but im unsure of what leads / adaptors to use in both outputs.

Do I just run normal 1/4” mono guitar cables out of both, or do I need more specific cables?

YDR

yes - normal 1/4" mono guitar cables...

sounds like a catastrophe waiting to happen...

and... why's that then?

live performance - sending a click track to the drummer - one 1/4" cable from a cheap fostex machine delivering the backing track - IDK just seems like a lot of possible points of failure. Did you see Ashley Simpson perform on SNL? - im not saying your lip syncing - im just saying, using backing tracks that require the drummer to have a click track seems like a catastrophe waiting to happen.

hell IDK - never did it - maybe your the master of it :)

Back