Help! What do I need and do?

All4Love

Hey guys. Newbe here so forgive me for my ignorance on some of theses things. Im not a newbe to the music scene for sure. Have lots of musical back ground. Few national albums. Im use to people recording me but not the other way around.

I just started into this recording thing so im not really going play a big part for expensive items. Just items that are highly needed. Right now I only have the listed items below.

-1.8gz Desktop Compaq computer.
-Reaper and Audacity Software
-Crappy computer mic. I believe to be small
dynamic. Has great vocal pick up but hums.
-Martin 000-18
-Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster that I swear was a actual Fender 52' telecaster ha.
-Epiphone Valve Junior with many mods. Great sound. Also, matched with a custom Vox cab with a Jensen C10Q.
-UBL Pro PC speakers and Sony Studio Headphones.
-Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 sound-card.

Don't know if its the mic or the fact I have plugged directly to the mic-in on the sound card but what I hear through my speakers during recording does not playback nearly as good. Lots of noise. Sound really airy and static like. If I can not fix it with new mic..how do I filter it out?

Would the CAD usb condenser mics work well? If I choice a Shure SM57 for other applications, how do I get good results through my sound card. Do I use a D.I box, preamp or both. The mic does not work from XLR to 1/8". Im dumb founded by this ha.

Seriously

Back