Help - unpredictable glitching in SX3!

Phildo

I heart guitars!
OK - long story short - studio computer commits hara-kiri, new computer in place, more powerful, more memory, less glurge on the o/s (bare-bones Win XP install), Cubase re-installed, files rescued, ready to go.

Sort of.

But it's being a bit odd. Doing some recording last night, and I'm finding that some projects are glitchy, while some play back fine.

Fair enough. It's probably the ones which are track/plugin heavy which are glitching.

Um, no.

The ones I'd expect to glitch (lots of tracks of audio, lots of plug ins - amp sims, EZDrummeretc) are running fine (although the CPU meter's showing a heavy load), while the ones which are little more than a couple of tracks with an instance or two of reverb are falling over.

Nuts.

Any ideas?

And yes, it's a full, legal, be-dongle'd install of SX3...

Intel P4 2.4GHzwith 640 Meg Ram, Tascam FW1082 with latest driver. Not the most mega-spec'd PC, I know, but the songs I'm having problems with playerd back fine on my 1.7 laptop woith 512 Meg.

Buffer setting in Cubase or on the 1082 - it's already at max on the 1082 control panel?

(Ps - ta for the help...)

Should be one and the same (i.e. should not matter). What is the buffer set at? I would start at 512 and go up if it does not help. Also, try changing it before starting cubase and check it under the "device control panel" after it starts at make sure it still is at 512 or higher. Are you seeing performance spikes?

Back