Help the needy!!!

Sangram

Hi

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time.

I need some equipment for my DAW and audio work, as the kind of stuff you get in India is overpriced (an Audiophile costs $350) and there's very poor support.

I was thinking if I could get some help from one of you good folks in terms of sending me stuff. I need a sound card, a video card, and a good heatsink and fan. Everything else is more or less together except for these things.

The plan I had was I would buy the stuff online using my credit card (if possible, if not then we'll just have to forget the whole thing) and have it shipped to somebody within the continental US (as most stores don't ship outside US or accept online ordering outside US, you see there's no way we can send payments in foreign currency abroad) who would in turn ship it to me.

Anyone game? The only caveat are the shipping charges. We'll need to figure out how to take care of that, but if there's some way we could work out the shipping (I would gladly buy something extra, that would go towards paying of the shipping) it would be just great.

Sang

like what....

what kinda stuff are you looking to buy? and how much of it? shipping can be brutal overseas.

Brandon.

I was looking at a video card, a sound card and a nice quiet cooling fan. The last two are not even available in the country.

I know shipping kills but I don't know if I have an option. Since the Audiophile costs about 200$ and the card about 200$. The same would be around 300 and 400 in the country. I reckon if shipping comes to $50 or so, and I pay a 30% duty (for second-hand goods) I would still end up saving lots of $$.

Sang

i dont really understand all of that overseas tax bullshit but i guess ill help you out as long as theres no catch. whats your email address so we can work out the details....

B

Well here's what finally came of this.

Brandon is a wonderful guy who volunteered to help me out. I was really glad and looking forward to getting some new toys to go along with my new speakers and stuff that I'd been accumulating over the last six months.

We had more or less finished on all the detailing, but I had a major accident last week with the car which unfortunately will set me back about $1000 in terms of repair estimates for depreciated parts. Which is a bummer. I now have to sell my Jamo speakers and a nice NEC receiver at throaway prices to look for cash. The transaction is therefore dead. Maybe someone higher up doesn't like me doing these wheeling deals!!!

I'll post back later for help.

Back