Help~!? Tascam M-3700 Manual & MIDI Control Software?

AshokanKid

Help~!? Tascam M-3700 Manual & MIDI Automation Software?

Hey there Folks;

Apparently the Tascam M-3700 has automation built in, but I cannot find a manual or any reference to the software involved.

Can anyone here help me get info about this cool looking console?

I am loking to find an M-3700 manual and perhaps the automation software for it as well? Thanks much.

Last edited:
Hey there Folks;

Apparently the Tascam M-3700 has automation built in, but I cannot find a manual or any reference to the software involved.

Can anyone here help me get info about this cool looking console?

I am loking to find an M-3700 manual and perhaps the automation software for it as well? Thanks much.

The automation is all on board, there is no external software needed. The mix automation can be saved to a 720k floppy disk at the end of a mix down. It is not full automation, it offers, Volume, mute, aux mute, eq on/off (but not position recall), monitor fader mute, sub group volume & mute. You have to feed the console with smpte timecode (frame rate selected under flip up cover above floppy drive), you write the automation using the write buttons next to the faders.

There was an external computer (old mac) interface offered by JL Cooper that let you see the automation on screen, but I looked for a copy of this for years with no success. I even went to see JL Cooper when I was in the UK on holiday, they did not have anything. Still looking.

You will need the manual to get the most of this console, Tascam may still have them for sale. The manual is very detailed in a big level arch file with a service section that even has the circuit board artwork.

Cheers
Alan.

Tascam M-3700 Automation Capability

The automation is all on board, there is no external software needed. The mix automation can be saved to a 720k floppy disk at the end of a mix down.

Beautiful. What the heck is a 720K floppy though? Aren't the "normal" floppy disks 1.44 meg? The old floppy, floppies were smaller data size, yes? But they were also 5 1/4"? The slot looks like a 1.44., at least from pix. Is there a 720K "hard" floppy (3 1/2")?

Heard something about external SW as well. Someone mentioned MIDI-Ox for something?

You will need the manual to get the most of this console, Tascam may still have them for sale. The manual is very detailed in a big level arch file with a service section that even has the circuit board artwork.

Cheers
Alan.

Cool., will be looking for a manual then. Tascam said they will send me one for $50 plus shipping and tax. I guess it seems worth it. Thanks.

Beautiful. What the heck is a 720K floppy though? Aren't the "normal" floppy disks 1.44 meg? The old floppy, floppies were smaller data size, yes? But they were also 5 1/4"? The slot looks like a 1.44., at least from pix. Is there a 720K "hard" floppy (3 1/2")?

The 720k floppies are the same size as the 1.44 floppies, however equipment designed for the 720k don't always work with the 1.44's old Atari 1040st computers also use 720's.

There are a zellion 720 floppies out there that can be re-formatted to use on the M3700 so don't worry, just search evil bay. I own at least a 1000 used and over 80 brand new.

Cheers
Alan.

Back