help setting up m-audio keystation 49/trigger finger in reason

Hep D MC

sorry if this has been asked before, but i did a search and found nothing useful. i had a korg microkontrol and had it set up to use in reason, but i sold that and picked up the m-audio keystation 49 and trigger finger. i opened up reason and when i go to edit->preferences->midi/advanced midi neither of of the 2 show up so i cant select them. am i doing something wrong?

which version of reason? It should detect that one (there is a look for controller IIRC) or just select it manually, otherwise just choose generic controller and set that as you master. I would then route the trigger finger through a midi bus to your drum machine so it stays mapped. I use a Novation controller and when it connects to reason, reason automatically sends its standard map to my controller, so see if it will do the same for your keystation

i have reason 2.5. when i opened it up, it didnt detect ne thing. i installed the drivers correctly.

when i go to edit-preferences-midi/advanced midi neither of em r showing up in the drop down menu. the only options i have are 'no midi input' or 'e-dsp midi port' for my emu 1212m, but both my keyboard and trigger finger r hooked up via usb. when i had my korg i jus had to select the korg in both drop down menus.

my windows shows that both devices r installed and working properly. i just cant seem to get reason to detect them. and yea, i turn em on b4 i start reason. imma restart my comp and see if that helps.

ok, i reinstalled all the drivers, and then i got reason to read both my keystation and trigger finger. i selected the keystation in the reg midi, and got it to play sounds. i tried to select the trigger finger in advanced midi for bus a but couldnt get it to work. my comp was also experiencing problems so i restarted it. after restarting it, reason no longer read either they keystation or the trigger finger, so i reinstalled the drivers again. i can get it to read the keystation, but no matter how many times i reinstall the trigger finger i cant get it to read.

-edit-
i got reason to detect both now. i had to reinstall the drivers bunch of times but somehow i got it to work now. only problem is i cant get the keystation and trigger finger to work at the same time. i can use each one seperately so thats coo, just a few extra cilcks to switch back and forth. whenever i try to use the keystation as my main midi and use the trigger finger for bus a my comp freezes.

Last edited:
Back